Friday, May 21, 2010

Can you hear the music?

Tonight is the spring band concert for DQ. And her father will be there. I kind of told him he had to come. It's his weekend and I normally drive the kids to his house. But since this concert will go til 8pm, I figured get him there and he can drive them to his house.

This is only the second school function I've invited him to in the almost 7 years since we got divorced. We don't deal well with each other. Like sit on the opposite side of the room and ignore each other. I dealt with too many years of verbal abuse to even want to speak to him face to face. The only time I force myself is if there is something major about one of the kids that he needs to know. Otherwise, we communicate via text message. My children saw enough in their young years and he knows which button to push so I just keep my distance.

So, for this evening, I will again ignore the elephant in the room and enjoy DQ's concert. I wonder if they'll play any Metallica?

No comments:

Post a Comment